Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day 2

Another day down! I'm not feeling too bad. I had chicken cordon bleu for dinner and ate every bite! It's like I keep waiting for the side effects of the chemo and they have not hit yet. Maybe I won't get any this time! Kyle and I watched a movie this afternoon and played some card games on the computer in the patient lounge. That made the day go by quicker. Then, son, Kyle picked him up after he got off work tonight. I took a quick nap after dinner and then took a walk down the halls. The chemo I take right now is in pill form, but there are 6 capsules and each capsule has 6 little pills in it. It is hard to get them down, but so far so good. I will finish with that type on Friday and then on Saturday I will get an IV chemo called Cytoxan for 2 days. That one has harsh side effects. Monday will be a day of rest from chemo. Then Tuesday, July 25 will be my "new birthday"!!!! The day I receive new life from my sister, Libby! I am ready to ride The Magic School Bus. For those of you who have not read the comments on my blog, on July 16 a friend of my sis in law, Jan, wrote of being in the room with her boyfriend's brother when he received the life saving bone marrow cells and she compared it to the children's book The Magic School Bus. So I am going to call it my magic school bus ride! Ding, Ding, YES I CAN, YES I CAN, YES I CAN, YES I CAN!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Cindy ,Libby and Kyle,
    We're keeping you in our prayers .Keep saying We're going to Ride The Magic School bus.Your positive attitude will be your fuel. Take care and remember you've got the power.
    Thinking of you daily .
    Linda P.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy, really glad you had a good day. We had another night with Marcie, what a trip, that girl just won't stop talking. Tracie and Tami were down with their kids and she seem to like that. Pat took her to the mall to shop and get her nails done so she was in heaven. Hang in there so far so good this will all be worth it when the bad stuff is gone for good. Love you very much. Doug and Pat

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy&Kyle,Glad you first day was good,hopefully the rest of the week will be good and go fast.Well just got home from my second night at Delphi.Going good, tonight I was learning set up,not sure if I will get it but will try.Well my prayers and thoughts are with you and Libby.Love,Beth

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy and Libby: Our thoughts are with you each day. chico and char

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,
    We're keeping you and Libby in our
    thoughts and prayers. You are a remarkable person. Take care and just remember "yes you can".
    Love
    Debbie & Andy

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,

    Keep up your great positive attitude! You know you can do this, especially since you are receiving such a wonderful "gift" from your sister. What you are going through makes you realize how important family and friends are in your life. Many prayers are coming your way from so many people, you are truly blessed. May God keep you and Libby in his loving care.
    Yes, you can!
    Mary Beth & Mike

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,

    YES YOU WILL!!!!


    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Bella!
    Gas up the bus, we're all hopping onboard for the greatest ride there is. This road leads to---------------------->Your COMPLETE RECOVERY!!!!! (God bless you, Libby) A new birthday? I love that!!! Maybe you'll get to be younger, too:) Hang in there with the chemo, you can do it, Cindy! The pills may be bigger this time, but think of the HUGE reward that's coming your way. We luv ya! (Jabez) Yes, Yes, YES I CAN!

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kyle Roth said…

    Love you mom! Everyday is one day closer to being cured. Hang in there and fight with everything you have.

    Love,
    KD

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy, I am thinking and praying for you every day. You can beat this with your fantastic attitude and support from everyone. You are such a strong "fighter" and an inspiration to all.
    Janice & Obie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home