Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Friday, July 14, 2006

Good to go

My appointment with Dr Kalaycio went great. He said I'm "good to go" and he feels I am a good candidate for BMT. Of course, he had to go over all the graft versus host disease complications that may occur. But, I am not going to fret about it, I am going to keep all negative thoughts out of my brain. I am going to beat this and I am going to be one of those patients the doctors all call remarkable. I just know it. You all have been such wonderful support through all of this. You lift me up with all of you prayers, support, and love and I definitely feel it. I appreciate you taking time to encourage me and keep me "up" on bad days. You have touched my life, each of you, in so many wonderful ways. It is so humbling to have so many people who care about me and I appreciate you so much. I couldn't do this without you. As my brother would say "enough of the mushy stuff" let's just do it! So, tonight I am going to see all "my girls" at Toledo Hospital to say goodbye for a month and then we are visiting our kids and grandkids in Toledo...Jessie, Mike, Alexa, Alayna, Alli and Zac, Lauren, Bailey and Riley. We will be saying goodbye to Kyle, Erika and Kade when we stop there Monday morning before checking into the Cleveland Clinic. We had a nice visit with Erika and Kade yesterday after my appointment in Cleveland. So, I wll post a couple more notes to you before my admission. And then I ask for your continued prayers. Thank you ALL! I will do this YES I CAN!

11 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Cindy, Kyle & family,

    YES YOU WILL AND YES YOU CAN!!!
    We will continue to pray for you daily. YOU WILL BE ONE REMARKABLE SURVIVOR FOR THE RECORD BOOKS. It was nice to see you, Kyle and Marcie last night at the Elk's.

    Remember we have a date to go to the Erie County Fair so that we can get candy apples and walk around the pig barn!!!

    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Still thinking of you and praying for you each day, Cindy.
    Jeanne

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Still thinking of you and praying for you each day, Cindy.
    Jeanne

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CINDY, YES YOU CAN AND WILL AND WILL BE THE SURVIVOR!!!! PUT ON THE PINK BOXING GLOVES, AND YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WILL HAVE ON THEIRS FOR THE FINIAL KNOCK OUIT!! I TALKED TO SUE J TODAY AND SHE TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE COING TO THE HOSPTIAL, TO SEE EVERYONE TONIGHT. I TOLD HER TO GIVE YOU A HUG FOR ME.YOU AND YOUR SISTER LIBBY WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. YOU CAN DO THIS; I KNOW IT IS THE LAST THING YOU WANT TO DO; BUT THIS WAY YOU KNOW YOU THEN WILL BE HOME FREE.CINDY LOU THE WINNER AND SURVIVOR. ALL OF YOUR FAMILY IS ALSO IN MY THOUIGHTS AND PRAYERS. I ASK GOD TO TAKE ALL OF YOU IN HIS ARMS AND TO KEEP YOU SAVE. SOME DAY WE WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE LUNCH ON BREAK; IF WE GET ONE, AND COMPLAINT ABOUT WORK. ONCE WE CAN DO THAT DO YOU THINK WE WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL? REMEMBER I AM THERE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, AND YOU CAN CALL ME ANYTIME YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK. 734 856-2721. LOVE YOU DIANA

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,Glad you had good report,you can make it threw this journey also.Everyone is pulling and praying for you.Will stop by sunday to say goodbye,Hope you enjoyed the lasagna.Love,Beth

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy:You are the inspiration to us weaker folks!!! Our prayers are with you. chico and char

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger BananaBuzzbomb said…

    Kick butt!

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy and Kyle,
    I'll keep praying for you and your family.You have a strong circle of Love surrounding you with God as our leader .Keep those boxing gloves on .We all know your mind ,body and attitude is ready to WIN This ROUND.
    Thinking of you daily .
    Linda P.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,
    Get those pink gloves on and kick some butt!! We wish you the best in this next step. Just remember there will be one more little person on your side come Monday morning :)) Take care and God Bless you and your family!
    Love,
    Tracy

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!!" Now you and Libby go take care of business, so then you can get back to everyday living. Our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to you. We love ya, Cindy. You can do this, YES YOU CAN!!!
    Love Mark and Jan

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bella!
    Think Pink!!!! Glad to hear the doc gave you the thumbs up.I know they always give the other side as well, just as the pharmacy gives all those alerts about the meds that I throw away. You talked with BMT survivors this past month and someday you will be helping someone that needs to see and hear from you. This is your clean bill of health, Cindy. The one way to kick it for good! Hang on to Kyle and let the ride begin. Your coming home cured in 35 days-let's count 'em down together. (Jabez)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home