Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Thursday, July 06, 2006

What a Great Holiday

Our family had a great holiday. Two days with the grand girls was just what the doctor ordered for me! We had our cookout on the 4th and Lauren's parents joined us ( of course that meant Kyle and Daniel had to drink too much mama-wanna). That is a drink that they brought back from Punta Cana. I didn't think Kyle's eyes would stay open long enough to see the fireworks....... but they did. The fireworks were beautiful and we had a bird's eye view from the shoreline. We watched them with Lois and Buck and the grandaughters. I will keep that memory of holding Alli snuggled up next to me watching the fireworks, for all the bad days coming my way. That night the girls and I had a sleepover in the living room complete with popcorn and the movie "Sharktales". That is also another memory tucked away. Yesterday, Mike, Jess, Lauren and the girls went to Cedar Point and spent the day riding rides. We all had pizza for dinner and took a ride to Toft's for ice cream before they headed back to Toledo. It was a wonder ful two days for me and them. I know I won't be able to see them during my next hospital stay so I savored every moment. Less than 2 weeks left until I go back in, so I am packing in all I can into these last days, so I will be able to say YES I CAN even on the bad days.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you had a great 4th, Cindy! We think of you every day.
    Jeanne

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bella!
    Boy, I wasn't even there, but I could see you and Alli all snuggled up together, too!!!! Now that's what I call a "keeper memory" for sure! You're going to be healthy and happy in no time at all. Look forward to what is coming because with each day that passes, you'll soon be coming home again - but this time with no more cancer and (best of all) no more worries. You're going to be healed and you will put this miserable journey completely behind you. You will have blue skies and lots of sunshine coming your way. Now, keep doing whatever you have been doing, dust off the boxing gloves one more time, prepare your mind and body, and kick some butt!
    YES I CAN!

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    I'm glad you were able to see the fireworks and be with family and friends.Your making a lot of good memories for your focus points in the hospital.Just thinking of your grandchildren will boost your positive energy flow.I'll keep Praying[[not demanding]]but pleading and begging for a short hospital stay after the bone marrow transplant .Take care and keep saying YES I CAN.
    Thinking of you daily .
    Linda P.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    I'm glad you were able to see the fireworks and be with family and friends.Your making a lot of good memories for your focus points in the hospital.Just thinking of your grandchildren will boost your positive energy flow.I'll keep Praying[[not demanding]]but pleading and begging for a short hospital stay after the bone marrow transplant .Take care and keep saying YES I CAN.
    Thinking of you daily .
    Linda P.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God Bless you Cindy. You just enjoy these last couple weeks. Your little "girls" are really the snugglers, so you get in as many hugs and kisses as you can fit. I'm sure there will be tons more once you get home, again. Enjoy this sunshine and get strong.
    Love,
    Jan

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy
    After reading your BLOG from Thursday, it looks like you have a LOT OF MEMORIES to draw from your MEMORY BANK while you are up there in the CLINIC. So savor them===they will be the medicine you need to bring you through your next session. Take care.
    LUV YA====MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,

    Treasure the memories. YOU WILL HAVE MANY MORE TO COME!!!!

    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Good for you Cindy. You SHOULD savor all of those memories...how precious they all are!!!!
    It kind of seems like you are once again seeing the world through different eyes.
    I know you are counting down the days.....I am saying my prayers too Cindy.
    I love you much and miss you!!
    Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home