Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Friday, June 23, 2006

Reports from Cleveland

This afternoon the bone marrow transplant coordinator called with my lab results and biopsy results. Thanks to all of you and all of Gale's second graders who are still saying the rosary for me, I have great news to report. I am in complete remission. That means there are no signs of leukemia cells in my bone marrow and my white blood count is higher than it has been in years and completely in normal range. Of course, I was ecstatic and I asked if I still needed the bone marrow transplant. She said she had discussed that with Dr. Kalaycio and he still wants to proceed because my leukemia evolved from Myelodysplastic syndrome and he is certain it will return at some point in my life. A bone marrow transplant would prevent that and since I have no leukemia cells that makes my prognosis better to accept the transplant with fewer problems. Of course, I am thinking ....what if this is a miracle and I am cured now. Do I want to subject myself to this if I don't have to? But Kyle and I talked about it and he said "what if it comes back and you are not eligible for the transplant at that time because of age or other factors." That is true because they told me they don't do them on persons over 55. So,I have a lot of questions for Dr Kalaycio when I see him in 2 weeks, but I will continue with the steps for the bone marrow transplant. I am beating this nasty disease. YES I AM. YES I CAN.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great News!! More reason to celebrate!! See you tomorrow at the reception. Love, Sharon

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    Great news.Enjoy your weekend,celebrate at the reception and thank God for healing you.Yes You can , Yes You are, and Yes you will be a Survivor.
    Thinking of you daily.
    Linda P.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great News!!!!! Have fun at the reception, I know you will.
    Tracy

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kyle called with the GREAT NEWS. Now you can really celebrate and enjoy the wedding reception tomorrow. I guess GOD is listening to all of our prayers. That you are in remission is a MIRACLE IN ITSELF but I can understand why you would still want to go through with the bone marrow transport. It will be a little more protection from anything that may reoccur later on in your lifetime. So we will keep up with all the prayers.
    LUV YA===MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What wonderful news! Have a great time tomorrow.
    Jeanne

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,
    Great news. We knew you would beat this ugly disease. You are a survivor. See you at the reception.
    Love,
    Debbie & Andy

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Morning Cindy!!!!
    It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo GREAT to see you last night! You look absolutely WONDERFUL and STRONG! You HAVE beat this, Cindy, and the BMT is only EXTRA insurance. The worse is behind you and you made it through all that hell. You had all of your family and friends knocking at God's doors with their prayers and now we'll all be POUNDING those doors. I know they'll be some tough days ahead, but you have so many people behind you and next to you to help you through. Your mind and body are both already gaining strength and preparing themselves for this last hurdle of your "journey". Dust off those boxing gloves, kiddo, cause here we go for the final round and your TKO. You will do this, Cindy, and you'll be dancing at the wedding receptions of your grandchildren. I love ya! YES I CAN! (Jabez)

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Oh My God!!!!!!!! I haven't heard news that good in a long time. I bet you were exctatic!!!! Oh, how prayer can work!!! God is good. Thank you for keeping up with the reports. I am so thrilled about your wonderful news....does the heart good!!!
    Love you and miss you!!
    With continued prayers,
    Kate

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CINDY; WHAT GREAT NEWS!!! THE POWER OF PRAYER IS AMAZING!!!GOD IS GOOD!!! WHAT A WAY TO START TO CELEBRATE TODAY AT THE WEDDIUNG RECEPTION !!! YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS TO HELP YOU MAKE THE BEST DECISION., FOR YOU TO REMAIN FREE OF LEUKEMINA. I KNOWN HOW EXCITING IT IS TO BE TOLD YOUARE IN REMISSION AND THAT YOU DON'T WHAT TO GO THRU ANY MORE PAIN, BUT CINDY THINK OF THE FUTURE!! WHEN I WAS DONE WITH CHEMO' I WENT THRU FIVE YEARS OF RECEVING THE DRUG ZOLEDEX INTO THE ABD, AND HERE IAM 16 YEARS LATER!!! GOD WILL HELP YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION!!! CINDY, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!~ AND WOULD LOVE TO COME AND SEE YOU LATER WHEN YOU ARE DONE WITH YOUR TREATMENTS, AND MY LEG CAN MOVE A . LITTLE BETTER. IAM DOING OK FOR 2 WEEKS OUT!! PLEASE HAVE A DANCE FOR ME TONIGHT( ROCK AND ROLL) CINDY, YES YOU WILL BE A SURVIVOR!!! YES YOU CAN AND YES YOU WILL!!!!YOU GOT YOUR MIRACLE AND LIFE IS GREAT!!! LOVE YOU, DIANA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home