Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday

Feels good Friday is here and the week is almost over. Kyle will be back Sunday. Today is their big fishing outing. Can't wait to hear those stories. I am feeling good. Did my first outing to a restaurant today. My mom, Marcie and I went to Panera for lunch. It went well, except I could not eat all my food. I guess my eyes were bigger than my tummy. Ran into our neighbors, the Stephens there and it was great to see them. This afternoon, Penny took me to see Linda P, the lady I got my wigs from and she is so generously creating an updo wig for me to wear to the reception next week. I was touched by her caring. This evening Deb stopped with my grandson, Kade on their way to Relay for Life. Kade had a shirt that said "for Nana Roth" on it. Marcie, Deb, and Kade are going to walk a lap for me. The tears would not stop flowing when I saw that little guy in that shirt. It only reaffirms in my mind that I am going to beat this. I want to be here to see that little guy grow up. YES I CAN and YES I WLL!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kim Frey said…

    Hi Cindy...soooooo glad you are feeling well...I bet Kade looked so darling in that shirt (he really loves his Nana, doesn't he??) I know you are going to have lots of fun at the reception for your son and new daughter-in-law!
    We had a potluck last night for Kate's last day-it was very nice..and bittersweet.....we miss you lots, get stronger every day for your transplant and come back to work and save me!!...love, Kim

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Cindy
    I hope Kade is still out there when I get out there. I am going to meet Shelly out at the track to WALK THE WALK for you. So I'd better get going. Ralph said he would try to walk it too but I said he could just sit in the stands----we do need a cheering section.---LOL
    LUV YA----MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    It was so good to see and talk to you today.You really look great.Your like a Diamond .......
    Your personality Sparkles .......
    Kyle and the rest of the family will be home soon so your days are going to stay busy.Then you'll have fun sharing all the details of the Wedding and maybe about the big fish Kyle caught [or the big fish that got away.]
    It brought tears to my eyes reading about Kade in his shirt for the Relay for Life Walk .Yes You Can ,Yes You Are and Yes You Will be here for that little guy grow up.You 've got the Power Of Prayer.
    Thinking of you daily .
    Linda P.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Hi Cindy,

    I pulled an all nighter at relay. You had lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way. Kade was adorable with his shirt. Being apart of the whole experience of realy leaves you with hope and the knowlege and faith that YES YOU CAN!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home