Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Day of mixed emotions

YEAH! My computer is fixed! Sorry if I scared everyone by missing a day. Yesterday I took a walk with Kyle up and down Central Ave. Saw some of the neighbors and it was a good thing. I slept very well last night and had a great day today. Kyle, Erika, Kade, Zac, Lauren, and Riley came to see me before leaving for Punta Cana and we had dinner together. It was wonderful and I think the kids felt a little better leaving me when they saw how much stronger I was than the last time they saw me which was in the hospital. It was still very emotional when it was time for everyone to take off and I did feel a little depressed that I wasn't going, but I know from a nurses perspective that there is just no way I should be going to a third world country at this time. I'm ok now and I can only sit and wait for their return and all the wonderful stories. Penny is coming to spend the night with me, although I feel quite capable to stay here with just Marcie, but Penny insisted. So we'll have a jammy party. Talk to you tomorrow.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    I'm so glad your able to Blogg again.Sounds like things are going well for you. Like I said your having some up and down days.We'll name them Yo Yo Days.
    Isn't it great to be home ?You've got family, friends,sunshine and the freedom to do what you want to do .[Well almost everything .]
    We're all Praying for You so rest up for the next Rollercoaster Ride.
    Thinking of you daily.
    Linda P.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy ,
    Yes You Can,Yes You Are and Yes You Will .
    L.P.
    P.S. Enjoy your jammy party.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy: As soon as you are well you can travel to Punta Cana......its a great excuse for a sunny vacation....their thoughts will be with you and yours with them. SOOOO GLAD you are doing well....chico and char

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy, Saw my baby brother Timmy tonight and he said Penny was staying with you tonight are3 you sure about that! Just kidding. Penny behave yourself and not to much wine! have fun girls and get some rest as I am sure both of you could use some rest and relaxation. Love to both of you Margy

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy
    I know you probably feel capable of staying by yourself tonight but it is a good idea to have someone there with you---JUST IN CASE. That is so nice of Penny to come and spend the night. You will probably do a LOT OF TALKING AND REMINISCING. Have fun. I hear the weather is not going to be that great in PUNTA CANA next week anyway-----LOL
    LUV YA---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Morning!
    How fun.................a jammy party! I haven't been to one of those in 46 years. Did you make any prank calls or tell ghost stories? I didn't get to the store after I saw you yesterday, but I'm heading there today and will get the food over to you asap. Enjoy your time with Penny. It's always great to have some Girl Talk. Don't forget your list of questions tomorrow for the doc and remember to call if you need anything at the store, food, errands or a ride somewhere. You're doing super, keep it up -you're everyone's hero!
    G

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Cindy, I am so sorry that you can't go to the wedding....I know that the wedding was your motivation for a lot of things. However, I am certain that the stories and photo's will make you smile and cry just as much!!!
    Glad you are feeling better...It does my heart good to hear that. I miss you and love you very much!!
    By the way, what is your address?

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Cindy,I`m sure you were a little depressed yesterday,but you have to get well for the reception.I know the way you are going you will feel great by the 24th.I`m making your sauce will maybe bring in Monday or Tuesday.Call if you need anything else.Love,Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home