Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Celebration Tonight.

We are preparing to take off for Toledo for Zac and Lauren's wedding reception. It will be a big celebration for our friends and family. I have so much to be thankful for........loving and healthy children and grandchildren, many many many friends who have seen me through the most difficult time of my life, a husband who I can truly say has stood by me in good times and bad (and believe me there have been many more good times than bad) Today is our 34th wedding anniversary and I am just as in love with him as I was on June 24 1972. We have been through so much more in those 34 years than most people will go through in a lifetime, and all the while we persevered with blind determination that we were going to beat the odds that were stacked against us. And we did. So, now it is with that same determination that we are going to make it through this journey ahead. Yes, I am going to have the bone marrow transplant. And yes, I am going to be a survivor! YES I CAN! So now I am off to celebrate this most important day in our family and to have the time of my life!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HURRAH HURRAH It is really time for you to celebrate and be thankful for so many things------your remission, Zac and Lauren's wedding, your anniversary and family and friends who love you. You are so right about the odds being stacked against you in your early years but you BEAT THE ODDS THEN AND YOU WILL BEAT THEM NOW. It is always so evident how much love you and Kyle share. It's your GREAT LOVE that brought you through those HARD TIMES. Keep it going.
    See you tonight. Let's PARTEEEEEEEEY.
    LUV YA---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY 34th ANNIVERSARY Kyle & Abby!!! WOW so many reasons for celebration today June 24, 2006. (Can't wait to see Kyle do his famous dance.) It's totally obvious he'd walk 500 miles and then 500 hundred more for you. Enjoy! see ya's soon,
    Love, Val

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Morning, Cindy!
    Happy, happy anniversary!!!!!!
    I hope that you, Kyle, and all the family had a wonderful time. It must have been so much fun to have everyone together. That is the absolute best life has to offer.
    Today is another gorgeous day, so recoup from all the partying :) and enjoy the sunshine.
    Love and prayers go out to all of you.
    Take care,
    Linda Smith

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YESSSSSS!!!!!!Oh my God, he is great! What absolutely fantastic news. Cindy, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you. Rven though you're in remission it's sounds like the BMT may be for the best, to be insured of a better future. I know you must have had a great time at the reception. Happpy anniversary to both of you two. We had our 30th today(June 25). Can't believe it's been so long. Take care. Stay as strong as you've been.

    Love Ya,
    Marsha

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Kim Frey said…

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy, I can hardly stand it!...what great news, Cindy! Cheryl brought the update to work with her last night and posted it-we are all so happy! We miss you!
    Stay healthy, I'm thinking of you...Kim

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I got goosebumps when I read this post Cindy. You are so amazing. You and Kyle's relationship truly is an inspiration to any married couple. You two have stuck out some awful times, and sounds like so many wonderful times as well. When I look at my parents or friends parents who are no longer together, I get discouraged, but all I have to do is think of you. You for the strong and inspirational person that you are and the steady and strong relationship that you and your husband have. I can know in my heart then, that it IS possible and true love IS real.
    Happy Anniversary you love birds!!
    Love,
    Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home