Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy 3rd

Well it has been a happy 3rd of July for me. I feel back to my old self preparing food for the 4th. Of course, Kyle helped me. We made deviled eggs and macaroni salad and baked beans and I felt good anticipating seeing some of the grandchildren tomorrow. We have had some fun days the past couple of days. Demings had us out for supper on Saturday and it felt so good sitting on their deck relaxing and watching Bill's Kites. Then yesterday we had a family shower for our neice Jillian. Then we had a cookout with everyone in the Roth family. It was fun! Now we are getting ready to go out to my brother, Doug's house and sit by the campfire. I am going to savor every moment! Like you said Gale, I' m going to lock all these great times in my memory and draw on them when I need them. Yes I will. YES I CAN!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bella,
    It sounds like you had a wonderful and fun-filled weekend! You now have a red, white and blue memory to add to your mental picture album to take to Cleveland. Just remember, Cindy, that when you came home, you were feeling so drained and weak, and just look what you have accomplished in so short a time. So many times you have said that you were feeling back to normal. Your mind and body are fighting hard now to prepare for this next round to knock it completely out. This time you won't have to worry that you still have any blast cells left----because you WON'T. You will be cured and healthy, both mentally and physically so it stands to reason, that you'll be bouncing back even faster this time. You'll come home and sleep in your own bed and eat food that everyone sends over and get lots of hugs and kisses from everyone that loves you so much to speed you along and soon you'll be saying, "I'm feeling back to normal":) We love ya, kiddo! YES I CAN!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home