Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2 month clinic appt

I went for my 1 yr + 2 month appt at the clinic yesterday and all of my counts are staying in the normal range! Yipee!!!!! My Dr says I am doing good and we discussed the death of my friend Susan a little. I still think of her often. Meanwhile, I thank the Lord for every day that I have here and I appreciate the smallest things I used to take for granted; a sunset boat ride with friends, a sunny day, the smell of rain in the air, clouds that are floating by, a visit from grandchildren, a kiss on the cheek, sharing a glass a wine with old friends, and the list could go on and on. i do believe there is a reason I am still here and I know there is a purpose out there for me. I am going to sign up for the Angel Patient Mentor Program to assist other patients who are going through the bone marrow transplant process, to help them along the way and to know what to expect. It is not an easy road, but I hope I can be of some help. Thank you to all of you for aiding me in my journey. Your love and support has carried me through many a difficult day. I came across this poem from one of the bone marrow transplant patients and I thought I would pass it on to you. It is callsd "The Dance"
"It seems like only yesterday my doctor told me I had cancer, and when Iasked "How long do I have?" he didn't have an answer. And it seemed to me that time stood still and the room turned upside down. Life just stopped and I stared at him and I didn't hear a sound. And a thousand years flashed before my eyes as I thought of all I'd miss. Of the laughs and smiles of those I loved and my husbands kiss. And I realized right then and there all the time that I had wasted, on worrying of silly things like bills and work and squabbles. Well, one year has come and gone and I'm still at The Dance. I guess God just changed his mind and gave me another chance. And on that day I made a vow I would let go of the past. To live my life and love each day as if it were my last. For only God can know these things: the day, the hour, the time, but on this day I am alive and all the world is mine!"
I couldn't have said it better!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy
    That is such a lovely poem. It brought tears to my eyes.
    You are one lucky girl to come through all that you have during the past year. I guess God WAS NOT ready for you yet. There is too much down here on earth that needs your attention and he is giving you that chance. We will still continue our prayers for you every night so that you continue on this healthy journey. We love you.
    LOVE---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger kyleroth said…

    Mom, that's great news about your counts being in the normal range. We all should look at "the little things" as you described a little more and not get so wrapped up in the day to day problems.

    Love,
    KD

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jessie said…

    Mom,
    I am so glad that everything is going well and your outlook has been so good. You are proof that determination and positive thinking is a big part of the battle. You decided that you were in charge and you came out on top. I am sooo happy that you are here with us to share our lives with us. There were so many days through the Dance that I could not imagine if things would have turned and you would have been gone. I cried myself to sleep at night wondering how I could stay strong for my girls and could not begin to imagine if I couldn't just pick up the phone and call you. You are here though and now we have to make the most of our time because like you said we never know when it is time and we should all live life like today could be our last. I love you!
    Jess

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is wonderful news. One day at a time. None of us are guaranteed any more than that. We are blessed to have you with us. Sending you our prayers.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Therese said…

    Hi Cindy,
    I tagged you on my latest blog post :) Read it and you'll see what I mean.
    We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas.
    -Therese

     

Post a Comment

<< Home