Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Monday, March 26, 2007

Bittersweet 2 weeks

Since I have last written quite a few changes have happened in my life. First on March 14, my son, Kyle, called to ask if Dad and I could come to Cleveland to watch the kids. His wife, Erika's blood sugar had skyrocketed to 650 and she was being admitted to the hospital. I was so worried about her all the way there. She was in the hospital for a few days and they did get it stabilized, but she has now been diagnosed as a Type I diabetic and will have to test her blood several times a day and give herself insulin injections for the rest of her life. A hard pill to swallow for a 27 year old healthy active young woman. Of course, I do not want her to run in the Leukemia Foundation race in May, but she promises me that she will follow the doctor's recommendations. The second thing that happened was that my friend and neighbor of27 years, Judith Bartow, passed away on March 15 while we were in Cleveland. She also was diagnosed with cancer about 1 year before I was, However hers was in her gallbladder. She fought a valiant fight and will be terribly missed in our neighborhood. She was our "party lady" and started our Christmas in July parties. It was a very hard thing for me to go to her funeral, but I felt good supporting her husband and children. Then, on a sweet note....... yesterday was our grandson, Kade's, 3rd birthday party! He is a pirate fanatic and he had all the trimmings! His mommy even made him a pirate ship cake that far outrivaled any I have ever seen. It is so delightful for me to watch all 7 of my grandchildren frolic and play together and it was the most beautiful day! I drank in and savored every moment of the day. Just to be here today and enjoy them.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lynne said…

    Hi - I found your blog through a google alert that I have for gallbladder cancer. I realize it was a friend and not a family member who was sick, and I'm sorry to hear of her passing. I was diagnosed 10+ months ago, and I'm doing okay, but I'm posting this entry because I wonder if someone in her family (maybe not right now, but later)would be willing to participate in an information gathering project by another person with gallbladder cancer. His name is Woody and he live sin California. His website is http://www.gall-bladder-cancer-data.blogspot.com/

    Those of us with this rare and aggressive cancer are trying to gain more awareness of the disease, and get information to providers. Thanks for considering this!

    If you want to read some of my story, I have a blog at www.dahlborg.blogspot.com.

    Thanks, and good luck to you!

    Lynne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home