Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back to work

As all of you know I went back to work last week and it went really good the first 2 days, but then I did something crazy and tried to work 8 hours on saturday and sunday.......and I paid for it. I just thought it went so well when I worked the 4 hour shifts that I would be able to do it, but my body said WHOA NELLIE! I slept most of the day on Monday and I realize I was expecting too much out of my body at this point....so I am back on 4 hour shifts for a while. The doctors didn't even expect me to go back this soon, I have to remember that. It sure was good to be back on the floor and see all my friends. It felt like a little bit of normalcy returning to our lives. I know I had tears in my eyes as I pulled out of the driveway and saw Kyle standing in the door, waving goodbye. This would be the first time we have been apart since all of this began and it was an emotional day for both of us. I depend on him for so much, so it was also a little bit scary for me to leave my comfortable little nest he has made for me, but we made it! I also got good news on Thursday...I went to Cleveland for an appointment and they postponed the liver biopsy because my liver functions that were high came down a little bit, so the Dr said we will wait until this Friday when I have another appointment in Cleveland and see if the labs continue to decline. If they do, I may not have to have the liver biopsy, which would make me happy,since I was not looking forward to that procedure at all. So, I will update you after my appointment. Thanks to all of you for your comments and best wishes on my return to work!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Kim Frey said…

    Cindy,
    It was AWESOME to have you back at work!!! I couldn't believe you were back so soon, especially with the 8 hour shifts! You are amazing to me...but take it easy and enjoy the 4 hours...what we do at work is nothing short of WORK!!! It's busy and fast paced, and even those of us who haven't been through what YOU have, are exhausted at the end of 8 hours, so I'm sure we all empathize!!!! See you soon,
    Kim.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy:

    I'm sure it feels good to be back to work (work - still not all that much fun, but always good to be back, in a weird way!). Just take care of yourself. You are amazing. Thinking of you lots and praying for you always.

    Tim and Lori

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger kyleroth said…

    Hi mom, take it easy. You don't need to over do it. Ease back in. We are very proud of you and your strength. You are always in our thoughts. We hope to see you on Friday.

    Love,
    KD

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy, You look GREAT!! I will still keep you in my prayers, Congratulations...God is Good!!!
    Debbie Painter

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Hi Cindy,

    Congratulations on going back to work. We are so proud of you and happy that you get to go back to a job you love. Your in our thoughts and prayers. Way to go outlaw!!

    Love and Prayers,
    Jude and Shelly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home