Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Happy Holidays

I know it has been a long time since I have blogged and I guess the only excuse I can use is "no news is good news". I have been feeling well and the doctor gave me the go ahead to go back to work after the first of the year. I was elated! He told me to take it slow so I will do 4 hour shifts at first, but it seems that my life may actually be starting to get back to "normal". Kyle and I have been busy, as I am sure all of you have been with getting ready for Christmas. This Christmas will be very different for us, as all of you who know me well know that I always go overboard at Christmas. Some even go so far as to call me Mrs. Christmas! Well this year will be different. We will be celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. There was little money for gifts and our home didn't get decorated as much as usual.......... but I keep remembering the scene from the Grinch on Christmas morning after he had taken all the toys and Christmas things from the people of Whoville. As they awoke on Christmas morning, they all began to sing of the glorious Christmas morn and the Grinch was confused..... he said " it came without presents, it came without bows, it came without tinsel and turkeys and more.....maybe Christmas doesn't really come from a store, maybe Christmas is really a little bit more!" The true meaning of Christmas will be felt in our home, the love for our children and grandchildren will fill our hearts and we will celebrate the birth of our Lord, Jesus, to whom we owe everything. I thank Him daily for allowing me to see another Christmas with my family, and I pray for many more. To all of you....Merry Christmas my dear friends and thank you for helping me get where I am today. Without you none of this would be possible.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,
    You and Kyle have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
    Love,
    Andy & Debbie

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Oh Cindy, how I have missed you. I am sorry about playing phone tag and I was so sorry to miss you when you came to the hospital to visit. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and I am SO very sorry for not keeping in better contact with you. I feel terrible. I hope that you know that I love you dearly and think and pray for you and Kyle daily.
    I am so thrilled for you...I know how excited you are to go back to work...we have missed you!!! It will be such a blessing to have our Cindy Lou back!!!
    I hope that you have the best Christmas that you have ever had. As you said, this year will be very different...in good and bad ways I am sure. However, you put it so beautifully in saying that the Lord has given you the gift of another Christmas with your family....and of course many, many more!!!! You are a gift yourself..to many people...including me and of course every one of your family members. You are an angel!!!
    I love you and wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas....and praying that 2007 will be wonderful (it HAS to be better than 2006 right..there is no where to go but up!!)
    Love you,
    Kate

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Jacki said…

    Have a wonderful Christmas!!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CINDY, I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU WHEN YOU CAME UP TO SEE US!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT WORK. YOU ARE RIGHT, WE ALL SHOULD REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. KATE IS RIGHT, YOU HAVE ALL READY GIVEN YOUR FAMILY THE BEST GIFT EVER, YOU!!! WE ARE ALL SO GRATEFULL THAT YOU ARE HERE!!! CINDY, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEWW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS. I AM ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU, LOVE AND PRAYERS DIANA

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT A WONDERFUL BLOG TODAY.
    LOVE--- MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Kate said…

    Cindy...I have lost your address...can you call me with it? Or I will call you later this week when things slow down a bit.
    Love ya,
    Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home