Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Golf Outing Benefit

Yesterday Roeder Harley Davidson sponsored it's annual Biker Memorial Fund golf scramble and made us the recipients of the benefit. Many of the people Kyle worked with at Delphi are members of the group and they donated the money to us. We are so appreciative to these good people. Also, many of our friends from the Elks ran a raffle there with many prizes donated by friends and businesses. We cannot thank everyone enough. Kyle golfed in it with my brothers Craig, Doug , and Tony and he had a nice day. It felt good for him to get out of his "caregiver" role and have some fun. And then last night his Detroit Tigers won their playoff series against the Yankees, so he had a great day. Today we make the trip to Toledo for granddaughter Riley's birthday. I looking forward to seeing the grandkids and of course my kids.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy and Kyle,
    I bet you were totally surprised with the news of the fund raisers.
    You have so many people that sincerely care about you.I'm glad you are having so many good days and are able to enjoy yourself.Take care and we'll keep you in our prayers.
    Your blogger friend .
    Linda P.

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,

    It was really good to see you at the golf scramble. Hope you had a good time and got enough to eat. I don't know how much we raised but I will let you know when I find out. I'll see Jim tomorrow and he may know something. We were short several teams this year so we're not sure what to expect.

    Take care and good luck,
    Howard

    PS By the way, Roeders HD is not affiliated with Bikers Memorial Fund, although they have helped sponsor our events from the start. They are good friends but our organization stands alone.

    See you soon!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Cindy,

    What a wonderful surprise for you and Kyle. Just an another example of how many people care about you and your family. Cindy, you must remember all the valuable lessons you have taught US during your journey: determination, love, faith, adverstiy, character and relationships. You have given us more than we can give you. Thank-you!! Have a GREAT day.
    Love and Prayers,
    Jude, Shelly, Bryce and Shai


    "The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over". Aesop

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are all so proud of you! You keep on healing.
    Cheryl

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bella!
    We haven't heard from you for a few days days so I thought I'd check in. Even though I don't post everyday, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers each day. I know it's been a long haul, kiddo, and that you're sick and tired of it all. We all would be! Everytime the docs put me on steroids, I swear they work has mood enhancers, as well as doing the important work that they are meant to do. I get depressed, weepy and have an even shorter fuse that I already do:) Just go with it Cindy. Try to get some sleep. We're all still here and even when you just want to vent, let us know that, too. Each day you're getting stronger even if you don't think so. It's going to take awhile for your body to overcome what it's been through. Remember, baby steps before the GIANT steps. We love ya!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations to all you Tigers fans.
    From some very grateful Boston Red Sox fans.
    Best of luck in the World Series.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home