Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Feels good to be home

It feels good to be home for the the weekend. We got here around 3:30 yesterday and picked Marcie up and unloaded the car..... by then we were all exhausted ! My visit to the clinic took longer than expected because my Potassium was low and I had to get a 3 hour infusion of potassium and now I have to take another pill every day! I did get my sisters platelets yesterday and it seems I'm feeling stronger today! I just can't sleep! My Dr increased my steroid to help make the rash go away and that is one of the side effects of steroid ...Insomnia! The rash is starting to go away though. And I am feeling good. I'm sure being home has something to do with that. Hopefully we only have to stay at Hope Lodge for 2 more weeks and then we will just drive up on the days of my appointments. Marcie will be happy. They are having Disney day today at Kroger, so look for Minnie! Gale, I will call you today to put in my request, but only if you have time. You are a busy woman!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Cindy & Kyle,

    Cindy it was so wonderful to see you on Saturday night. You and my sister, Lisa, are two of the most selfless, loving, giving, inspirational, courageous, and extraordinary women that I know. You and Kyle have certainly fulfilled the wedding vows you took some thirty plus years ago. PLEASE DO NOT OVER DO IT. Take each minute, hour, day and week as it comes. You have been through so much in the last five months. You have such tenacity and faith that YOU WILL BEAT THIS DISEASE. We speak of you daily and will continue to keep you, Kyle and your family in our prayers. It was nice to spend some time with Marcie too. We will pick her up Thursday evening. WE WON'T FORGET - HA HA!!

    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI CINDY
    HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT WEEKEND. I FIGURED YOU HAD ENOUGH COMPANY TO KEEP YOU BUSY.
    TOMORROW I HAVE MY EYE SURGERY--IT WILL BE OUTPATIENT SO THAT'S NOT SO BAD BUT I HAD TO CANCEL THE THERAPY ON MY HAND FOR A DAY OR SO.
    HOPE THIS WEEK GOES FAST AND YOU WILL BE ON YOUR WAY HOME AGAIN FOR THE WEEKEND. SEE YOU THEN. I WILL HAVE TO GET MARCIE'S SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK.
    LUV YA---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home