Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cindy Lou is 51

Thanks for all the birthday messages, my friend Barbie K passed that rumor that I was 52, but she is just getting me back for the year I put it on TV that she was 50! and she wasn't! That's Ok the age doesn't matter, it's just being here that feels so good. My all day outpatient trip was not too bad, had a great nurse. And the doctor took me off some of my meds, so that was great too. Tonight, my sister, Libby and her husband Joe brought Kyle and I dinner from Olive Garden and they ate with us here at the Lodge. It was WONDERFUL! I'm going to start gaining a lot of weight if I keep eating like this! Olive Garden is one of my favorites! Got to see all my brothers and sister over the weekend and also all my children and grandchildren and some friends ...... maybe that is what is helping me make this recovery more quickly. The swelling in my feet is finally stating to resolve and I even got tennis shoes on today. TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY

7 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy!! Sooo nice to hear and see you. Your pictures are great you would never know you are sick.
    I am back home now came home at 7:00pm tonight.I looked over to your house and hope to be able to sit on each others porches soon.
    The operation WENT WELL!!!!now for the recuperation.....u sound great!!! Larry talked to Marcie today and she told him you were home for the weekend
    My prayers and love are with you take care
    irishjudy

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday.... and MANY more!!!
    Love, Sharon

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY.
    I STOPPED AT THE POST OFFICE AND PICKED UP YOUR MAIL TODAY SO I WILL BRING IT TOMORROW. I AM SURE THERE MUST BE SOME BIRTHDAY CARDS IN THAT BUNDLE.
    WOW ---OLIVE GARDEN TAKE OUT FOR DINNER TONIGHT. SOUNDS YUMMY. WHAT A LET DOWN TOMORROW WHEN I BRING YOUR MEAL. OH WELL. AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE VISIT. GLAD YOU HAD A FAIRLY GOOD DAY TODAY. SEE YOU TOMORROW.
    LUV YA---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Happy Birthday Cindy!!

    I am so glad you got to visit with your grandchildren, that is the best medicine. Now that you have your tennies there is NO stopping you. Have a GREAT DAY!! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Jude, Shelly, Bryce and Shai

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,

    Happy belated b-day!!! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend. Talked to Woody over the weekend and your entire family is so very, very happy for you! Take care of you!! Prayers are still a comin!!!

    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,Glad you had a great B-day,you need to gain some weight,don`t worry about that.When you get home I will make you guys dinner.Saw Marcie yesterday and Larry at the store,I told Larry to tell Judy my prayers are with her also.Well have a great rest of the week will talk soon.Love,Beth

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy,
    So glad to hear that you had a good birthday dinner. You really are looking great. I was glad to see you the other day. If there is anything I can do for you just ask.
    So glad you could spend some time with your children & grandchildren.
    Take care & God Bless
    Love
    Debbie & Andy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home