Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Met our new granddaughter Liv

Today I met our newest and smallest granddaughter yet Liv Ellen. I shook with joy when they placed her in my arms. I HELD HER FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS!!! She is just beautiful. We had a very nice visit. I also got some good news from the doctor this morning, They are going to treat this CMV virus with something different so I may only have to stay one week instead of 2. I am not going to get my hopes up though.......seems every time I do something else comes up, I will keep you posted. I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed. I know I willl feel better when I'm there. I don't know if I told you, but I've had some major blood sugar issues. They started giving me pills in the morning because the steroid they put me on made my blood sugar just a little high........well the pill works all day and since I'm not eating much it makes my blood sugar crash in the evening. Last night the nurse woke me up at 3 am and made me eat a piece of cake with chocolate frosting from their potluck they had because my blood sugar was 30. That was really wierd, but the cake was great and it brought it right up. So today Libby called and asked if there was anything I wanted and I told her "a box of chocolates" for my crash and burn times. Well she brought me the best chocolates I have ever tasted from Malley's. So I am set for tonight if I need it, but I feel like a beached whale with all the sugar I've had today. Thanks everyone for your continued prayers and to Jude and Shelly......I have just learned of all of the events that have happened to you. I AM THINKING OF YOU. lOVE YOU GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    What could be better than holding a tiny new granddaughter in your arms? Not much I'm guessing. What a lucky liitle girl to have you for a nana (and Kyle for a papa. and Deb and Andy too!)) She will not remember your struggles only the wonderful times you will share together. Here's hoping that they spring you from that place soon. You belong at home with your wonderful family and will be SOON! Keep the faith. We love you.
    Love and prayers,
    Daleen

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI CINDY AND KYLE
    I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU GOT TO HOLD YOUR NEWEST GRANDCHILD, LIV ELLEN. NOW WASN'T THAT THE GREATEST FEELING. THAT'S ENOUGH TO KEEP YOU FIGHTING BACK TO HEALTH AND GETTING THROUGH THE NEXT WEEK OR SO AND THEN HEAD FOR HOME. IT WON'T BE LONG. WE WILL KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING.
    LUV YA---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy: Just got home from a neighborhood party (similar to those on Central Avenue!) and cried when I saw the picture of you holding Liv! How wonderful. All the best to you and your beautiful family.
    Jeanne

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI CINDY AND KYLE
    I JUST LOOKED AT ALL THOSE WONDERFUL PICTURES OF LIV. WHAT AN EXCITING TIME FOR EVERYONE. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO SEE HER AND HOLD HER. I AM SO GLAD THAT KYLE PUT THE PICTURES ON THE BLOG FOR ALL TO SEE. THANKS A LOT K.D. FOR SHARING THEM WITH US. CINDY,---JUST HOLDING THAT BABY SHOULD GIVE YOU ENOUGH STRENGTH TO PULL YOU THROUGH THIS NEXT WEEK AND GET YOU HOME. WON'T BE LONG NOW.
    LUV YA--MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home