Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Clinic results

In reading through my entries I realized I never did tell you that my biopsy for GVH of the skin came back positive, but that is not all bad according to my doctor, because they want you to have a little GVH and of all the ones to have the skin is best case scenario because they can control it with prednisone. So they incresed my dose of prednisone and the rash went away. I just have to tolerate haveing "chipmunk cheeks" for a while. Yesterday I spent the day at the outpatient clinic for my weekly appointment and Kyle and Marcie went to visit Erika, Kade and Liv. My platelets did drop from last week, but were not in the critical range, and my doctor wants me to come back on Tuesday for more labs to see if they go up now that he took me off the IV I have to give myself every night(the Iv drug lowers platelet count). So we will have to make 2 trips next week, but that is ok. We went back to Kyle and Erika's after the appointment and had dinner with them. It was so nice to see all of them! Again, I am deeply appreciative of all the cards, letters, prayers, and support from all of you!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    So happy to hear all the good news. You are now joining Steve being a survivor of AML. I knew you could do it, just keep thinking positive. Steve asked about you the other night when I was talking to him was pleased to hear you were doing good and out of Hope Lodge. I hope to stop by and see you soon. Just take it easy, rest when you get tired and remember you've been through a life changing experience. God bless you.

    Ginny

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bella!
    I think you'll look adorable with "chipmunk cheeks". You couldn't ask for better traveling days back and forth from the Clinic with all these beautiful colors. Enjoy them and let me know when you and Kyle get hungry for something. I know that just because you're home, you're still not up to the daily grind and all that goes with it.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy and Kyle,
    Hope your enjoying each new sunrise and sunset.You have control of your life again and can enjoy each new day and the sincere love of family and friends.We're still keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Thanksgiving will give everyone that shared your journey a renewed faith to believe God does listen.Take care and remember you made a Difference in our lives too.
    Your blogger friend.
    Linda P.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy So glad that things are looking up. You are still in our daily prayers. chico and char

     

Post a Comment

<< Home