Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thank you

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for helping me reach this milestone in my recovery.. being home for good. It feels so wonderful!!!!!!!!! We went back up to Hope Lodge this morning and finished checking out, since we left in such a rush on Friday. We met Libby for lunch on another beautiful fall day and enjoyed the fall drive. I'm feeling good, just a little weak. Thank you also to everyone who fed us over the last few days , homeade food is so delicious! Plus it has given Kyle a little break. You have no idea how much. Hopefully I will get my "legs" back soon. Tomorrow Kyle and I are going to try to walk the whole block. It was so good to see people who stopped over and just so good just to be here on this earth with so many people who are really important to me. Love you all!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Cindy,

    Love you too!! What an incredible woman you are.


    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy.So happy for you will call you this week.Love ya,Beth

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CINDY, SO VERY HAPPY, FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!! HOME, HOME, THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!! DID YOU KNOW THAT ORANGE IS THE SURVIVOR COLOR FOR LEUKEMIA? YOU FOUGHT THIS DISEASE WITH EVERY THING YOU HAD AND NEVER LET YOURSELF EVEN
    FOR ONE MINUTE STOP YOUR COURAGEOUS FIGHT. YOU ARE TRULY AN INSPIRATION TO ALL WHO KNOW AND LOVE YOU. WEAR YOUR ORANGE WITH PRIDE, BECAUSE YOU DID IT WITH GRACE AND DIGNITY!!! I BET IT FEELS GOOD TO FINALLY BE OFF OF THAT ROLLER COASTER!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU BACK AT WORK!!! WE ALL MISS YOU!!! LOVE AND PRAYERS DIANA

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hiya Bella!!!!
    Welcome home, my friend! You have taught us all so much and it is to YOU that I say THANK YOU! There sure were some days, that I was so worried that you'd give in. On the days when you were so sick, we could all read between the lines of your posts and we shouted-KEEP FIGHTING, CINDY, and you did! I have never seen such raw courage and determination until this happened to you. You have made more of an impact in people's lives, than you can ever imagine. Remember, a long time ago when I said, maybe someday you could be a "Steve" to someone else and their family? Well, maybe you can help this fella that Dar knows. Maybe he can draw from your strength and experience. I know if the bad times ever come to me, you will be the one I want in my corner. I admire you so, Cindy. Enjoy your new life and all the beautiful days and years it holds for you. Much love to you and Kyle (whatta guy, huh?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home