Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Good Week

Last week was a good week for me. It seemed I had more energy than I've had since the bone marrow transplant and I even got out of the house a few days. I thought maybe that meant my counts were finally going up. But at my appointment on Friday on the clinic my doctor told me they were all about the same. The good news was that I did not have to get platelets, just my 4 hour infusion of immunoglobins. He said at 3 months post transplant ( which is where I am) they expect the counts to drop and mine were stable, so he said I don't have to see him for 2 weeks! I still have to go on friday for my infusion, but no doctor appointment, so that is a step in the right direction. We went to see Erika a nd the kids after my appointment and when Kyle got home we went to dinner at the Winking Lizard. We had a really good time and it felt so good to have dinner out. The rest of the weekend was focused on the World Series (go Tigers). I just want to thank all of you again for your continued thoughts, prayers , and support. I saw many people when I was out last week who continue to support us and it is very humbling and very much appreciated. I know I could not have made it this far in this difficult journey without you.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Cindy,

    What wonderful news! We will continue to keep you, Kyle and your entire family in our daily thoughts and prayers. Enjoy each day to the fullest. You drove that magic school bus back to Sandusky on sheer determination. If ever you want a change of scenery, please stop over sit on the sofa by our fireplace and enjoy the beauty of our ever-changing season.

    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bella,
    I kept looking for your post each day and I'm so glad you've been out of the house and enjoying friends and family. I thought you looked GREAT when I saw you last at the Lodge. It's wondeful you don't have a doctor's appt. and only need to have a transfusion-that alone has to make you feel better and the fact that your counts haven't dropped as they expected. Thatta girl-you go Bella and keep knocking their socks off! Know that we are ALL here for you whenever you need us. Are ya hungry for something special? Give me a call and it'll be there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home