Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Long day at the clinic

My appointment on Friday ended up lasting longer than usual because I had to get 2 pints of blood. It seems my hemoglobin has been dropping a little each week and this week it was too low, so they decided to give me blood and that takes a few hours. We found out in the morning, so I told Kyle to go visit Erika, Kade and Liv since I was probably going to be ther until 6 pm. The blood cannot be administered at the same time as my 4 hour infusion of immunoglobins, so it was going to be a long day and there was no sense in him sitting there all day, besides maybe he could give Erika a little break. So he went to their house and had fun with the kids. My son, Kyle picked me up at the clinic after he got off work and we had dinner with them. Needless to say, I was exhausted and slept most of the way home. My nurse told me not to worry about having to receive blood, that this is common to see levels fall around the 100th day post bone marrow translant and my 100th day is next Thursday and my platelets are remaining stable so I did not have to get platelets. I just wish they would start rising. Next week I go back on Thursday (100th day) and after that I will only have to go back once a month unless there is a problem. They are going to take my port out sometime in November, but it is not scheduled yet. These are all good signs and I made it through the dangerous first 100 days. YIPPEE!! The next benchmark is 6 months post transplant without any infections. Each day is just a blessing from God and I thank him every morning that I am still here (with help from all of you)!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,Glad you didn`t need any platlets,but sorry you had a long day at the clinic.I enjoyed our lunch last week.Talked with Jane she want`s to go to lunch next time we go so maybe next week.Have a great week will call you this weekend.Love,Beth

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,

    Remember one day at a time. You will reach each milestone. Take care and get plenty of rest. We continue to keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers.

    Love & prayers,
    Ed & Cindy

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI CINDY, NOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU FELT LIKE YOU HAD NO ENGERY!! WITH YOUR HEMOGLOBIN BEING LOW THAT CAN DO IT! CINDY YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!! ONE DAY AT A TIME, YOU ARE MOVING FORWARD WITH GREAT COURAGE AND AN INSPIRATION TO ALL WHO KNOW AND LOVE YOU!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE DAY YOU TOO WILL SAY I AM A 16 YEAR SURVIVOR!!! KEEP GETTING THE REST THAT YOU NEED AND LET PEOPLE TAKE CARE OF YOU, I KNOW THAT IS HARD FOR A NURSE TO DO!!! LOVE AND PRAYERS DIANA

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Kyle Roth said…

    Happy Halloween!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cindy:

    It was so nice to see you and Kyle at the Elk's Saturday night. We've missed seeing you. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

    Love, Lori & Tim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home