Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

EGD results

Last Friday, I had the EGD done and the doctor dilated my esophagus. He said it was the size of a pinkie finger and he stretched it as far as he could, but I will probably have to have it done again in the future. He took biopsies of my esophagus and stomach which he thought showed signs of graft vs host disease. The final results will not be available until the end of this week, but he was pretty sure. I was out cold for the rest of the day Friday! On a positive note, I seem to be feeling much better since I started the Prednisone. I am not as fatigued as I was and I even worked an 8 hour shift and didn't feel exhausted. Plus the fact that I can actually eat food now helps. So, I am enjoying the bright sunshine today, even though it is very cold out. I am looking forward to spring and enjoying my summer this year, since we really didn't get to last year. Talk with you soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy
    Hope all is going well with you right now. Keep Kyle away from the carrots. You are still in our prayers.

    LUV YA---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home