Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame.....


Last night my brothers took my dad to the Toledo Mudhens game. They all enjoyed themselves. It was hard for my brothers to see him so weak, but they loaded him up, wheelchair and all, and made the trip for him. He always loved going there and sitting in the Toft's seats. He was always generous in offering those seats to our family over the years. It was a night to remember for all involved. In the back of everyone's mind was the fact that this was his last trip there and they made it a special one for him. They were in tears at the seventh inning when he began singing "take me out to the ball game" in his very weak voice. He savored the night in his memory as did the boys. We love you Dad!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy
    Funny I go by CindyLou too!
    Sure hate to hear of all your amilies sickness and the challenging things that ave come your way in this past year!
    My dear keep the Faith trust in the LORD! HE does know best!
    We can all as bloggers lift you high in prayers!
    Love Cndy Lou to another Cindy Lou

     

Post a Comment

<< Home