Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Update


Well I have just had 3 glorious days in a row! On Saturday we went on the Goodtime Cruise to Kelley's Island with some friends and relatives. It was a perfect night. The sunset was so beautiful on the way there. While at the island we had a great time dancing and enjoying the beverages that are unique to the island. As I was enjoying myself, I remembered what I was doing 2 years ago on that date and I savored every moment like it was my last on the island. On the way home, the full moon was breathtaking and I likewise drank in the sight and smell of the lake and the company of friends. It was a most enjoyable evening. The following evening I met with my fellow bone marrow survivor, Gina, at Chez Francois restaurant in Vermilion to celebrate our 2 year rebirthday together. We had a lovely waterfront table and once again I had the opportunity to savor a lovely sunset on the water. We had a most magnificent dinner complete with dessert and a toast to our absent bone marrow buddy, Susan, who passed away last June. It is a ritual we observe every year on our anniversary and I am sure she is there in spirit. We will never forget how fortunate we are to be here to enjoy such things. Then, Monday was my appointment at the Cleveland Clinic and I can honestly say that for the first time, I had a good feeling about going. I was not worried at all that my counts would be bad or that the nasty word "leukemia" would come into my conversation with the doctor. All of my counts were normal and I graduated to 4 month appointments now instead of 3 month intervals. So my next appt will not be until December! Allelulia! Life Is Good!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a great picture of you and Kyle! So glad to read you are doing well.
    Take care,
    Jeanne

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading your BLOG and your great feeling for survival made me feel great. We will still keep praying that this continues.
    LOVE---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home