Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Monday, May 05, 2008

2 year survivor and counting

This week is the 2 year anniversary of my debut into the world of cancer! I entered Cleveland Clinic on May 1, 2006 for chemo and started my scary journey through a world I had no knowledge of until that day. Of course I had learned all about it in nursing school.... but that did little to prepare me for what I was about to experience. All of you know the harrowing details so I will not go into depth, instead I am focused on the positive. I AM A SURVIVOR, YES I AM! And even though it was a rough journey, It could have been a lot worse. I have seen two of my bone marrow buddies succumb to the same disease that we all fought so valiantly. They are my heroes. They fought until the end. I am a survivor and I live my life as a survivor. I am a different person than I was going into this fight. I look at life a lot differently. My days begin with thanking the Lord for one more day to call myself a survivor. I savor things I used to take for granted. I am an Angel Mentor to those who are beginning this frightening journey. I thank the Lord every single day for all of you who were there for myself and my family and still are. There is a reason I survived and I will make a difference in the lives of the people I touch. Yes, I Can!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger kyleroth said…

    Mom, you are the inspiration. Just make sure not to do too much! We will see you Sunday.

    Love,
    KD, Erika, Kade and Liv.

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such wonderful news. We are all so greatful that the Lord listened to our PRAYERS. We continue to pray in your behalf and THANK THE LORD every night.
    LOVE---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two Years?? Wow, it is hard to believe. You have come such a long, long way. We are blessed to still have you in our lives. You are loved by all. Thank you for continuing to inspire us.
    Love,
    Jan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home