Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday

Hello Everyone

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my bone marrow transplant! What a glorious feeling! I feel like a 2 year old! I have a second chance at life! What a beautiful day it is..the sun is shining, the birds are happily chirping outside my window, the flowers are beautiful, the smell of summer fills our home, and God is smiling on me. Two years ago on this day I embarked on a precarious journey I knew nothing about with great trepidation (although I didn't let anyone know). Now, 2 years later I feel like I Made It, I really AM going to live! I AM going to live to celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary, I AM going to see my grandchildren graduate and become fine adults, I AM going to be able to savor all the moments I so looked forward to in my life. I Am here. It is a miracle and I will be eternally grateful for this second chance at "The Dance"

6 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Brad said…

    Happy Anniversary Abbey!!

    Your journey has brought inspiration and hope to more people than you can imagine.

    Keep living life to the fullest!!

    (Kyle - I think you have walked a LOT more than 500 Miles too!!)


    Brad

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger kyleroth said…

    Happy Rebirth Day, Mom!

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Jan said…

    Hey Cin, I am so proud of you. I went back and read your post from two years ago. Wow, that was incredibly emotional. You are a blessing, an inspiration and a gift to all of us. You have found your purpose and we applaud you. Continue to inspire and we will continue to be thankful that you have touched our lives in such a profound way.
    Love
    Jan

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Bryce Roth said…

    Cindy,

    A toast to an amazing woman!! Happy Birthday!! You continue to inspire us with your courage and zest for life. We are blessed to be able to celebrate with you.

    Love and Prayers,
    Jude & Shelly

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll bet HAPPY BIRTHDAY never sounded so HAPPY before. We continue to pray for you EVERY NIGHT and thanking GOD for answering our prayers.
    LOVE---MOM ROTH AND RALPH

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    It was great to see you today.
    My prayers for you will always be for God to protect you and your family.
    Linda P.
    Keep smiling

     

Post a Comment

<< Home