Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day 2

I am still waiting for my Hickman placement this morning, so I am in a hospital gown. Can't wait until I can put my jammies back on. So far the chemo has been tolerable. Just a little bit of nausea, and my blood pressure dropped to 80/34 so I had lots of nurses and doctors in my room most of the night. I feel kind of like I have the flu. They didn't want to give me any IV antiemetics since my blood pressure dropped, so I am just toughing it out for now. Kyle is very bored here, so if anyone wants to give him a call, I am sure he would love to hear from you. His number is 419-656-5674. Just wanted to also say a big thank you to Julie and Ed for getting the laptop here. It helps to be able to keep in touch with all of you and read your comments. You don't know how much those comments mean to me and lift my spirits when I am having a "why me" minute.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang in there sister good things are coming. Weather turned to crap so you 're not missing anything outside.

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cin,

    Can't seem to get you out of my head and just keep wondering how you are doing. This is great that you can keep in touch with all of us. Ran into Jean Lawrence, yesterday and she had just heard about you through Marcie. She was shocked to say the least and you were already on her and Bob's prayer list. Talked to Charla Johnson and she too sends out her prayers. All the people I work with are concerned and will keep you in their prayers. So, I hope you feel the strength of all this faith and I hope it helps to lead you through this time of trial. We love ya.
    Jan

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Hi Cindy,

    You are in our thoughts and prayers all the time. I admire your strength and we know this is beatable. Here is the devotion for the day:

    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holdy Spirit".

    Romans 15:13

    Love to you and Kyle.

    Shelly and Jude

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    Ginny here. I tried to write you before, but I couldn't get in. Anyway, I have been thinking about you ever since Brenna told me what was what. I know we have not been close friends, but we are close neighbors and I want you to know I am here thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!It is perfectly okay to have a "why me?" thought too. No one expects you to be Merry Sunshine ya know??? You have to get your doubts and fears out too! But you have a lot of friends behind you, you know that.

    This is great that we can keep in touch with you this way.

    I saw Marcie at Kroger this morning and she was passing a card around for everyone to sign!

    You take care of yourself!

    Ginny

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, i wish the best for you, your my favorite aunt, and i wish i was around more often, but i'll be praying for you, and i know you'll make it....me and dad will come c-you soon....Love Bryan

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Aunt Cindy,
    Our thoughts are with you. I added you to the prayer list at our church. It is amazing how many people are praying for you. I'm sure all of these comments are helping you to get through this.
    Love ya!
    Keri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home