Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I cannot seem to sleep this morning. I was so exhausted last night I went to bed early, thus I am up at the crack of dawn. Today is a special day; my oldest granddaughter is making her 1st communion today in Toledo. I know it will be an emotional day for me. First communion day has always made me a little teary as I watch those little souls receive Jesus into their hearts for the first time, but today will hold special significance for my family, as we all gather and prepare ourselves for this hard road ahead of all of us. Last evening, I met with a wonderful lady, Linda Pitsenbarger, who runs a foundation that supplies wigs to people who will be starting chemotherapy. She matches the wig as much as possible to the patient's own hair color and style. My friend, Patti, went with me and we had a few laughs as we joked about being a redhead or brunette for the first time in my life. But, of course, that is not me and we ordered a blond wig close to my own. This lady runs the foundation on donations only, so I know there are many of you who have been asking what you can do for me....if you would like to make a small donation in my name to her foundation, I would appreciate that very much. The name is the Kevin Pitsenbarger Foundation and the address is 1437 Sycamore Line Sandusky, Ohio 44870. Again, thank you everyone for your prayers, not only for me, but for my family as I enter the fight of my life. God bless you all.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Good morning Cindy,

    You are my hero. I admire all the strength, courage, humor, honesty and faith you have shared with all of us. WE your family and friends hope you will lean on us for anything you may need. Coming home from work yesterday I say a sign that said " Where there is great love, there in miracles" You and Kyle have a great love, so I feel that was a sign to me, that you will beat this.
    Love you,
    Shelly

    Thought for the day:

    "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear: I will help you".

    Isaiah 40:29-31

     

Post a Comment

<< Home