Cindy Lou

Journal to share my thoughts and daily events with friends and family
in my journey through Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML).

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Day 17

Halfway through this round! It has not been fun, but I've had a few visitors who made me smile. Last night (son) Kyle stopped by after work. He stayed quite a while, although I know he had a million things to do. It was very comforting. Then my brothers Doug, Craig, and Tony came and with them came sister-in-law, Beth and neice Kristen Schaefer. We had a very nice visit with a lot of laughs. Then I prepared for sleep and noticed lots of hair falling out, so alas the hair is going. This morning more had come out. This morning was a nauseous one. By luntime I felt better. My RN school chums came up this afternoon, Nancy Wasilyk and Tracy Childers. We had a nice chat. They brightened my day!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger erika said…

    Glad to see you are in good spirits. I wanted to drop you a quick line to tell you that I took Kade to Cedar Point today and he LOVED it. He actually rode every ride in Kiddie Land. I thought that would make you smile. Once I'm back home tomorrow I'll post some pics on Kyle's Flickr site. Keep on fighting! We'll see you tomorrow.
    All my love, Erika

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    So glad to see you writing again.
    Today is a beautiful day and I hope you start feeling better.You have touched so many lives and you have all our prayers.I'm also praying for your family to see you all through the ups and downs.Take care and remember you are surrounded with Love .
    Thinking of you daily
    Linda P.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Saroth said…

    Cindy,

    WOW, everyday I read your post and think she is so brave and wonderful, but the next day comes and you do it again. I am running out of adjectives to describe you. Keep fighting and you will overcome this twist in the road. Take care and know we are with you, surrounding you in postive thoughts and prayers.

    Devotional thought:

    "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you will abound in every good work".
    2 Corinthians 9:8

    You can have a brand new start today. Allow God's mercy to strengthen and heal you. Receive his healing power, and let its grace work in you. Today can be effortless as you depend on God's grace to help heal you.

    Love you Lots,

    Jude and Shelly

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    Glad to hear you are still upbeat. Thinking about you often and always praying. See ya very soon.
    Love, Jacki & Willie

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,
    Just thinking of you. Take care.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cindy,So glad you are feeling better I really enjoyed myself last night and was so happy you were awake and wanting company.I got you another robe/nightgown.Washing it now Kyle is picking it up in the morning.Stay srtong and feeling better.Love ya,Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home